Thanks to all who attended our November 20th community meeting at Willow Glen Elementary on the upcoming road diet trial on Lincoln Avenue!
As noted at the meeting, a working group has been formed to provide feedback to the City of San José Department of Transportation (DOT) on the size and scope of the road diet trial, to be implemented in Spring 2015; and to ensure that the DOT takes into consideration the issues and concerns identified by the community.
The Road Diet Working Group consists of residents, business and property owners, and other stakeholders:
- Peter Allen, WGNA Treasurer
- Bill Cardoza, WG resident
- Stacey Houghton, Owner, Valley Painting Parties (North of Willow); WGBA Our Avenue Committee
- Jim Lightbody, WG resident; Retired from VTA
- Tim Mulcahy, WGBA President
- Eric Nelson, Owner, Splashworks (South of Willow); WG resident
- Chris Roth, WGNA President
- Maren Sedequist, WG Elementary PTA President
- Tom Trudell, WGBA Board; Chair, WGBA Our Avenue Committee
Currently, the RDWG plans to meet once every two weeks. We will post agendas and minutes for working group meetings on this page as well as on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
If you couldn't attend our initial community meeting or have more to add to the conversation, there are two ways to have your voice heard:
1. Send an email to [email protected] (Please include name, street, and contact information.)
There will be another community meeting in January to provide an update on our progress. Please stay tuned for a Save the Date announcement.
In the meantime, we look forward to your input on this important project!