The Willow Glen Neighborhood Association is excited to host a San José Mayoral Candidates Forum on Thursday, April 24th, at Starlite Banquet (680 Minnesota Ave.), moderated by NBC Bay Area's Damian Trujillo.
All Willow Glen residents are invited to a "meet-and-greet" with candidates beginning at 6pm. The forum begins promptly at 7pm.
Residents will have 3 opportunities ask the five major mayoral candidates questions:
1. Submit your question via this online form NO LATER THAN 12pm, Thursday, April 24th.
2. Ask questions directly during a one-hour meet-and-greet with the candidates beginning at 6pm.
3. Submit your question using 3x5 cards available at the forum from 6-8pm.
There are always more questions submitted than can be asked during a 2-hour forum, so please use the following guidelines to improve the chances of your question being asked:
- Is the question intended for ALL of the candidates?
- Is the question relevant to city government? (e.g. The City has no control over local schools.)
- Is the question clear (single subject), and concise (25-30 words or less)?
- Will the question reveal differences between the candidates rather than eliciting "canned" responses?
Please DO NOT submit two questions at once. If you have a follow-up question, submit it separately, and it will be addressed if time permits. All questions will be reviewed and may be edited for length and clarity. Duplicate or redundant questions will be consolidated wherever possible. Our moderator will ask the questions of the candidates and do appropriate follow-up if answers are not clear or a question asked is not answered.
No negative or "attack" questions will be permitted.
Thank you for your participation and for observing these guidelines. We look forward to seeing you at the forum.
We'd like to thank our generous sponsors for this event:
North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association
United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara County
Willow Glen Charm
Willow Glen Lions Club
- April 24, 2014 at 6:00pm – 9pm
680 Minnesota Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
Google map and directions
- 16 people are going