Annual Membership Meeting and Election
Thursday 23 May 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
The Nominating Committee of the Willow Glen Neighborhood Association (WGNA) is seeking candidates for the 2019-2020 term of Board Officers, Directors, and Nominating Committee members.
Candidates will be elected at WGNA’s Annual Membership Meeting on May 23, 2019, at Willow Glen Community Center from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Any member meeting the qualification for office who has submitted a statement of interest to the Nominating Committee in the announced time frame (as scheduled in the below) shall be included on the ballot.
All WGNA Board candidates must be current WGNA members, and Officer Candidates are required to be members for at least 1 year prior to the Annual Meeting and Election. Candidates must agree with the WGNA Bylaws, Values, Non-Discrimination and Conflict of Interest and Policies
Schedule & Procedures
- REQUEST APPLICATION: Interested candidates must request an application from the Nominating Committee by the deadline on Saturday, May 11, 2019, at noon (12 o’clock daytime). Submit requests by email to [email protected].
- SUBMIT APPLICATION: complete and sign the application to the WGNA Nominating Committee by the deadline on Sunday, May 12, 2019, at noon (12 o’clock daytime), and send it to [email protected]
Provide contact information and be prepared to answer questions like:
- Why you are interested in being a Board member?
- What experience and skills can you offer?
- Which committees, activities, and events would you like to be involved? Why?
- What ideas do you have to improve programs, address public issues, engaging communications to the community?
- REVIEW of APPLICATIONS & CANDIDATES: Any member meeting the qualification for office who has submitted a statement of interest to the Nominating Committee within the announced time frame shall be included in the ballot. The WGNA Nominating Committee will meet and review all the applications and determine if the applicants have met all the qualifications for the position for which they are applying on the WGNA Board or the Nominating Committee.
PUBLISHING of BALLOTS, & CASTING VOTES : The 2019-2020 ballots will be posted online at WGNA.net or emailed to the membership on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, and must be returned by email to the Nominating Committee at [email protected] by the deadline on Thursday, May 23, 2019, at noon (12 o’clock daytime); or the voting membership can deliver their ballot to the Nominating Committee by the deadline of 7:30 pm on May 23, 2019, on the site of the Annual Membership Meeting.
- “Proxy voting shall not be permitted on any manner put to vote of Board or membership.” per the WGNA bylaws.
- DAY of the ANNUAL MEETING & ELECTION: Candidates will be elected at WGNA’s Annual Membership Meeting on May 23, 2019, at Willow Glen Community Center from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
See a PDF version of the above poster here.
For the JPEG version, see here.
|See the complete WGNA bylaws at http://www.wgna.net/by_laws_and_policies|
See the News (blog) page at http://www.wgna.net/news;
or the specific news entry at http://www.wgna.net/annual_meeting_2019
See the slate of candidates, PDF document format here
For the JPEG version, see here.
|See the meeting Agenda for the Annual Meeting & Election on May 23, 2019 in PDF format document here.|
See the Election Ballot — Annual Meeting & Election Ballot for May 23, 2019
(Membership Elected – Nominating Committee Recommendations) here (PDF format).
|To see a copy of the meeting agendas, see our web page at Meetings > Meeting Agendas and then click the link for that month. This provides a document in PDF format that can be viewed online, as well as printed. Agendas are posted once we come closer to the meeting date.|
WGNA By-Laws (cited in part)
ARTICLE III: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. ELIGIBILITY. Any person who subscribes to and supports the purpose, values, and non-discrimination statements (Article II) of the Willow Glen Neighborhood Association (WGNA) shall be eligible for membership.
Section 4. VOTING RIGHTS. Each adult (18 years or older) current paid Individual member is entitled to one (1) vote. A maximum of two (2) designated adult members of a current paid Household membership are entitled to vote. A current paid WGNA Individual or Household members must be a member/s for at least six (6) months prior to May election to be eligible to vote. Associate and Corporate Memberships are “non-voting memberships.” Proxy voting shall not be permitted on any manner put to vote of Board or membership.
ARTICLE IV: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1. COMPOSITION. The Board of Directors shall consist of the five (5) Officers of the Association, four (4) elected Directors and at least two (2), and no more than six (6), appointed Directors.
Section 2. TERM OF OFFICE. The term of office shall be for one (1) year beginning with the Board meeting following the election of officers. No officer may hold the same position for more than two (2) consecutive terms.
ARTICLE VI: NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
Section 1. NOMINATIONS.
a) A Nominating Committee of five (5) members, two (2) of whom shall have served on the previous committee, shall be elected at the Annual Meeting. Vacancies in the Committee shall be filled by the Board of Directors.
b) The Nominating Committee shall report to the membership in the Notice of the Annual Meeting with a slate containing nominees for all elective positions including the Nominating Committee.
Section 2. ELECTIONS.
a) Officers, Elected Directors, and the Nominating Committee shall be elected at the Annual Meeting of the Association.
b) Voting shall be by electronic or paper ballot. Mail-in/return ballots may be used.
c) Election shall be by a plurality of those voting, provided that the number of voters is equal to at least 10% of the memberships.
ARTICLE V: OFFICERS
Section 1. COMPOSITION. The Officers of this Association shall be a President, First Vice-President, Second Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
Section 2. QUALIFICATION FOR OFFICE. A nominee for office shall have been a member of the Association for one (1) year prior to the date of the election.
|See the complete WGNA bylaws here at http://www.wgna.net/by_laws_and_policies|
Willow Community Center
2175 Lincoln Avenue
San Jose, CA 95113